Friday, September 17, 2010

Watermelon Pie!

Tonight was rare bliss: Mister O was reading a Percy Jackson book, Miss I was waxing on about bugs, Mister M was at karate, and I was playing the piano, when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Miss E comes running up behind me and shouts "WATERMELON PIE!" - like, really loudly.  Did a number on the Grieg "Nocturne" I was playing.  As I get ready to grade a set of responses to readings, I'm still laughing. There's no such thing as watermelon pie, right? (Wrong) What was she thinking of? This? or This? Sigh, she probably knows that all I could ever muster is This.  Where would one eat watermelon pie?  Watermelon itself is so messy.  Maybe this is one of those times when medievals did have the answer.  G'night!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to my blog, my though this that it is probably a pie filled with pickled watermelon, which can taste a lot like very tart apple pie.

    ReplyDelete